Direct Legal Services
In September 2016, the CSE Institute successfully launched the Justice for Victims Clinical Fellowship. The current two-year inaugural Fellowship position provides salary, benefits, and additional support for a public interest lawyer admitted to practice in Pennsylvania. More importantly, the Fellowship provides a fundamental bridge between victims of CSE and legal service providers in both criminal and civil realms within Philadelphia and beyond.
The mission of the CSE Institute Justice for Victims Fellowship is to provide and promote holistic trauma-informed victim-centered legal services to victims and survivors of CSE. This goal is met when the following objectives are actively fulfilled:
- Continue supportive legal services for the participants and graduates of project dawn court
- Continue collaboration with local victim services providers to bring legal services directly to victims of CSE where they are
- Continue to train and coordinate a team of pro bono attorneys to provide legal services to victims of CSE
- Continue to provide post-conviction advocacy to victims and survivors of CSE who have a criminal record in Pennsylvania
- Continue to gather data and assist in the development of training and education materials
To make a donation in support of the Fellowship, click here.
To sign up for updates relating to the Institute’s work, click here.